Friday, March 14, 2008

The Best Hard Rock Album of the 21st Century ...



Maladroit by Weezer (2002, Interscope)

Well, yes, I know this album's nearly 6 years old.

So why am I blogging about it today? Well, it occured to me that maybe you've never listened to it. It wasn't exactly a commercial smash.

Also know as Weezer's Heavy Metal album, Maladroit Fucking Rocks from start to finish.

Its a guitar album.

Its full of hooks and has the humor that we've come to love from Weezer, without being silly.

There are even some morose Pavement-esque moments on this disc that you will love if you

a.) enjoy Hard Rock

and

b.) have a clue.

Honestly, I don't get paid for doing this, so why am I raving about a Weezer album from 2002?

ANSWER: I listened to it this morning.

So if you're waiting for Chinese Democracy, but don't have Maladroit yet - Get Off Your Ass.

-M.A.

No comments: