Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Velvet Zeppelin


Duff McKagan has revealed to HotPress.com that Velvet Revolver is in pole position to support Led Zeppelin if the legendary rock act decides to go ahead with a full-blown reunion tour.

"I understand that we have it, although I imagine there will be plenty of bands prepared to kick and punch us out of the way for the privilege!" said McKagan. "I would so love to have been at their London gig before Christmas, but we had dates of our own that obviously took precedence.

"What made up for it was running into Jimmy Page at an awards ceremony and him not only knowing who I was, but also saying he'd caught a couple of Velvet Revolver shows. No way did I think in 1977 when I saw Led Zep in Seattle that one day I'd be hanging out with the guitarist. Things like that I still pinch myself!"

SOURCE: HotPress.com

No comments: