Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Slash Keeps Fans Guessing


Slash says it is unlikely his band, Velvet Revolver, will support Led Zeppelin on a world tour but has stopped short of ruling it out completely.

The rumours surfaced after Zeppelin's sell out gig at London's O2 Arena in December.

They were apparently confirmed by Revolver bassist and Slash's former Guns N' Roses bandmate Duff McKagan.

But Slash has told Newsbeat the band are concentrating on their next album.

He said: "There's been a huge rumour going around about us opening for them and I think that was something that was taken out of context.

"I think as far as Zeppelin doing a tour, that remains to be seen.

"I saw Robert last night and he's got his solo thing going on and as far as Velvet Revolver is concerned, we've got another record to do and we're not even thinking about that."

Velvet Revolver are currently wrapping up the UK leg of a European tour, while on stage in Glasgow on 20 March, singer Scott Weiland apparently told fans they were "watching something special ... the last tour by Velvet Revolver."

It is something Slash doesn't seem comfortable discussing.

He said: "Well, lets put it this way - this is not Velvet Revolver's last tour."

Another factor which adds to the uncertainty of Weiland's future with the band is a bout of online squabbling between the singer and the band's drummer and another former G N'R man, Matt Sorum.

Slash has also confirmed that he is planning to release a solo album in the near future, working with guest vocalists.

He said: "I don't think I have the patience to do an instrumental record, so I want to work with a bunch of artists whose records I've played on and some who I've never worked with."

But, the self admitted nervous and insecure guitar player stopped short of relevaling any names.

He said: "I'm scared they pull out at the last minute and make me look like a schmuck."


On top of his solo work and Velvet Revolver commitments, Slash has revealed that he is scoring his first movie, an independent called This Is Not A Movie.

He said: "It has nothing but guitars on the score so that's how I got turned on to it.

"But I like the director and thought, yeah, I could do this.

"It's not animated but it's definitely fantastical and very hardcore at the same time.

"I'm scared shitless!"

In the meanwhile, Slash has just unveiled his own limited edition collection of signature Les Paul Gibson guitars.

SOURCE: BBC News

No comments: