Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bands I Hate (Pt. I)


One band I won't be following here is The Counting Crows.

I hated them in 1993, and I hate them now.

Here is my top ten reasons why.

10. The lead singer's fake dreadlocks are a slap in the face to Rastas worldwide.
09. That song "Brown Ear" is painfully annoying.
08. Nobody in the band is a good musician.
07. That song "Rain King."
06. They don't "Rock."
05. The lead singer is like a cross between a fratboy and a hippie.
04. They dress like pussies.
03. Their awful, awful cover of Joni Mitchell's "Big Yellow Taxi."
02. All of their song are incredibly melodramatic.
01. The singer's voice, duh.

BONUS REASONS: He's fat. They call themselves "Counting Crows," not "The Counting Crows." You know, like "Chasing Amy," "Finding Nemo," "Drowning Mona." Ugh. 1993 wasn't really that great, let's move on.

Black Crowes, Sheryl Crow, The Crow, Counting Crows ... enough already. Talk about the commodity form, huh?

I thought they were gone, but they're back.

Somebody please wake me up when their tour with Maroon 5 is over and I don't have to read about them anymore.

Thanks,
MA

No comments: