Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tenacious D 'One-And-A-Half Songs' Into Next Album



Kyle Gass of Tenacious D told Billboard that he and Jack Black have begun work on their follow-up to the 2006 film project The Pick of Destiny. "It's very challenging," Gass says, revealing that "we probably only have one to one and a half songs right now, and we probably need 12 to 15. It might take the rest of our lives, but I think it'll be worth waiting for."

But Gass does say, in his own way, that he and Black are indeed serious about their goals for the album. "We'd like to do one final masterpiece, I think," he acknowledges. "I think we both know we're approaching death, as it were, and we'd like to have a lasting legacy. (The Pick of Destiny) was kind of a soundtrack to the movie so we had to fulfill obligations that way. And now it's kind of opened up."

Gass says he's also like to finish an album that his side project, Trainwreck, has been working on for five years. "I think that I need to really work harder at completing some of these projects," he notes. I think that I've been living on my laurels. I've been lazy, but now I think it's time to kick ass." Or Gass? "There ya go..."

Source: Billboard

No comments: