Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Corey Taylor Says He is Writing New Music with Duff McKagan


via Blabbermouth
Slipknpt/Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor was interviewed on this past Friday's (August 12) episode of Hoppus On Music, the Fuse TV talk show hosted by BLINK-182 bassist/vocalist Mark Hoppus.

When asked about the persistent rumors that he may end up being the new Velvet Revolver vocalist, Corey said, "I'm not singing with Velvet Revolver. We were doing some writing and doing some jamming and what-not, but it just seemed like there were different ideas as to what they wanted to do. And it was completely mutual; it was all good. I just love the fact that I got to hang out with people I grew up listening to."

He added, "Me and Duff will probably do some stuff later. Me and him, we really hit it off, and we're really close, and we started writing songs together, and we've got some really good stuff. So, you never know. There might be a mystery supergroup out there — me and Duff and some other weird people — making some weird music that people are, like, 'What?! That's them?!' So, yeah, maybe. We'll see what happens."

In a recent interview with MusicRadar.com, McKagan stated about Taylor, "I think he's fucking great. . . I think he's the best voice of a new generation. The best rock 'n' voice out there. He's got a lot of positive energy. I'd be proud to do anything with him."

Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash admitted in a recent interview that he was the main reason why Taylor didn't get the frontman job, explaining, "It just didn't seem to fit right to me. And he's great, and I love Corey, but it didn't seem like the answer to the Velvet Revolver problem."

Taylor told a Canadian radio station after hearing of Slash's comments, "I guess it just wasn't working for him, which . . . He's Slash and he's entitled to have that, and I'm not gonna argue with him. But it was cool to just be able to get together and jam with those guys and I made some really cool friends."

No comments: