Friday, January 28, 2011

Corey Taylor Addresses Velvet Revolver Singer Rumors


via Blabbermouth
In a brand new interview that was posted earlier today at Billboard.com, Slipknot/Stone Sour frontman Corey Taylor would neither confirm not deny that is the known singer" who's working under wraps with Velvet Revolver. "To be continued!" Taylor told Billboard.com with a long, hearty laugh, before declining to say anything further.

As for the future of Slipknot in the wake of bassist Paul Gray's sudden death in May, Taylor said, "I go back and forth. There are moments when I'm like, 'Let's keep going for (Gray),' and there are moments when I'm like, 'It's not the same without him.' Right now my main concern is baby steps. We lost a huge piece of our band. We lost a huge member of our family — in my opinion the biggest — and it's a different vibe now. So right now I'm just taking it step by step, and I can only hope that the other guys in the band are as well."

Regarding the possibility of starting work on a new Slipknot album, Taylor said, "There's a lot of things I've got to figure out about myself before I can even contemplate that. There's a big part of me that wonders if I'm the guy for that band anymore. I'm in such a different place in my life...musically, spiritually. I'm not the angry kid anymore. A lot of things don't mean the same to me anymore, and there's a lot of things I don't feel like saying anymore. Does it make sense anymore? We'll just have to see."

Both Velvet drummer Matt Sorum and guitarist Slash have hinted that the candidate they have recently been jamming with is a "known" artist, and that his style is a little "heavier" than what previous singer, Scott Weiland, brought to the band. Taylor has jammed with the band in the past, although nothing ever came of it.

Sorum gave The Pulse Of Radio a few more clues about the singer the band is looking at. "He's a guy that we've had our eye on but the timing wasn't right," he said. "You know, we don't like stealing people. Weiland was available, you know, he was out of STP. It wasn't like we went and said, 'Hey, dude...' Similar situation with this particular individual. It's cool because we're feeling the guy's work ethic is similar to ours, like, when we mean business, we mean business. We're not gonna dabble in it."

Sorum posted in recent days that VR has demoed nine new songs with the mystery vocalist, while both he and Slash have hinted that an announcement about the singer and the band's future will come sometime this month.

No comments: