Saturday, April 12, 2008

Is It All Over? Does Anyone Care?


Metal Hammer, November 1995

MH: How long can Guns afford to leave releasing a new album before people start to lose interest?

SLASH: Thinking about how people are gonna react, or how long we can be away and so on, is really only an afterthought considering just getting the band together to make what I consider a good record, and take it from there.

If we have to start all over again, fine, so be it. I have no problems with that; I’m just doing it now, with another band. As long as the integrity and the quality of the band is naturally there, where we don’t even have to sit there and think about it, that’s what I’m into.

I’d love to be on the road right now doing my fifth album or whatever, but the way things are and the way Guns N’ Roses has always been - which is that it’ll be done when it’s done - the most important thing is to do a cool record.

And if we have to work that much harder to establish the fan base or whatever, that’s going to have to be the way it is. If we were gonna be working on an annual basis - every year: “Here’s a record” - and star turning out crap, that would be more disappointing.

But I have to tell you one thing: I do want to get a Guns N’ Roses record out as soon as possible, so we can do a tour and so that I can then go back and do another Snakepit record afterwards. It’s developing into being such a good band.

Source: Metal Hammer

No comments: