Monday, May 12, 2008

Bumblefoot: "I Played on Every Song"


Live-Metal.Net has a new interview with Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal.

In it he talks about Robin Finck, The Meadowlands, and Chinese Democracy.

A short excerpt follows.
How did you react to the news that Robin Finck was leaving Guns N' Roses to rejoin Nine Inch Nails?

He's playing the 27th of August up at The Meadowlands, which I will always call it. I don't give a fuck if they are calling it Izod Theater or Continental or whatever they want to fucking call it. It's the Meadowlands! Bring the name back, dammit! [laughs] That's all I'm saying, haha.

Do you ever tire of being asked what is slowly turning into the Million Dollar Rock Journalism Question, "When is Chinese Democracy going to be released?"

How can you not ask that question? It's like, "Doesn't anyone notice that elephant in the room?!" We have new management and they are good guys, and it's in negotiations.

It has to be exciting for you, since Chinese Democracy is becoming such a piece of rock history. Do you know what your contribution to the album is?

I played on every song. Yeah, it is exciting, but I can't get that excited without thinking of the other guys. I am more excited for them because their journey with this is so much longer than mine. For me, it has been two years of seriously being active and there are guys who have been doing this for 10 years and I am just so fucking happy for them.


You can read the full interview here.

No comments: