Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hammer of the Guns



Stephen Davis has written a new book about Guns N' Roses titled: Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses.

It's due out on August 19th, and it's a stunning 448 pages!

Stephen Davis' Hammer of the Gods, his Led Zeppelin Sniff-and-Tell book is part of the essential canon of rock literature. I've read it twice.

Now, everyone knows that "Hammer" is a fictionalized account of the History of Led Zeppelin, but no one minds, because the book is so much damn fun to read.

When I was reading it, I would put on a Zeppelin album, smoke a bowl, and blow through a chapter or two.

When I heard that Davis was writing a tome on Guns N' Roses, I was pretty stoked.

So listen fanboys, I don't want to hear any whining about inaccuracies in Davis' book.

It's going to be inaccurate. Enjoy it.

Guns N' Roses are Rock Gods.

Hopefully this book will serve as their mythology.

I have high hopes.

-Mack

Source: Amazon

No comments: