Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nikki Sixx: "10 Songs Done For New Crue"




MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has issued the following update:

"10 songs done for the new CRÜE album so far, I'm very proud of the songs. I think we're onto some of the better songs weve had in years... Time will tell, of course. A couple of song titles on the CRÜE album are called 'A Scar On Hollywood Blvd' and 'The Saints Of Los Angeles'. As it's been leaked out before, this is no suprise... but the album is called 'The Dirt' and lyrically follows the story of the MÖTLEY CRÜE bestseller 'The Dirt'."

"It's challenging and exciting to have to write the songs into time capsules spreading over years... I've written a lot of songs with Mick Mars [guitar], of course, along with James Micheal, Marti Frederiksen and DJ Ashba... The chemistry in the studio as we're writing is unbelievable. I look forward to leaking some to you all in the next few months..."

"I haven't gotten anything tattooed in years except 'Tag Here' on my toe.... I think it's time to step it up, I'm feeling the itch. Kat's [von D] gonna do one probably this weekend. I've been wanting to get 'Los Angeles' tattooed on me for ages, and then the other day I noticed Kat has it on her left shoulder. We both have had so much happen in our lives in this city, why not make it permanent? The band started it here, I've died here, had kids, married and divorced here.... my life is in 'Los Angeles'..."

"Proudly not smoking still and still sober seven years this July... Amazing the desicions you make when you think of others first.... and you get that by becoming selfless and that is a huge part of getting to the core of your issues."

"What a fucking great year... I can feel it in my bones."

SOURCE: Blabbermouth

No comments: