Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Slash Worried About Hall of Fame Induction


Rocker Slash fears Guns N' Roses' potential induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2010 could be a debacle if the bandmates don't put aside their differences by then.

The "November Rain" hitmakers will become eligible for induction in 2010 - but guitarist former Slash fears a Van Halen-type mess.

The rocker and former Guns N' Roses stars Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum joined forces with Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar to pay tribute to Van Halen last year when the band themselves failed to show.

Eddie Van Halen was in rehab and frontman David Lee Roth refused to perform with his successor, Hagar.

And now Slash fears his old band's big night in two years time could become be another classic anti-climax.

He tells Billboard.com: "I never even thought about it until we had to do that. Somebody asked me, 'Do you think you guys will be able to show up for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (induction ceremony) in five years?'

"I was like, 'Oh, I guess we're eligible.' It never dawned on me before then. If this comes up, I'd hope we'd be mature enough to get up and do that, but I have no idea."

Slash, McKagan and Sorum currently perform together in Velvet Revolver while Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose is famously estranged from his former bandmates.

SOURCE: Ireland Online

No comments: