Monday, March 9, 2009

Butthole Surfers - Hairway to Steven (1988)


1.JIMI
2.RICKY
3.I SAW AN X-RAY OF A GIRL PASSING GAS
4.JOHN E. SMOKES
5.ROCKY
6.JULIO IGLESIAS
7.BACKASS
8.FAST

Over the weekend I heard "Pepper" (You know, the Texan Strippers' anthem, "They were all in love with dying, They were doing it in Texas.") on Sirius/XM Lithium.

I forgot how much I used to listen to The Butthole Surfers.

This album, Hairway to Steven, in particular.

I first head “Rocky” on WPRB Princeton, and HAD to get the album out after hearing the title.

This record has been a mainstay in my collection ever since. It’s the Breakfast of Champions of Butthole Surfers records.

It’s true that, until this morning, I haven’t listened to it in a couple of years, but there was good decade there when it sat on the front passenger seat of my vehicle day in, day out. In fact, I actually got into a fist-fight at a party once over this whether to listen this record or Shady Grove by Jerry Garcia.

I guess I was really determined to have people hear this.

sendspace
MEGAUPLOAD


6 comments:

Brandonio! said...

This is garbage compared to Independent Worm Saloon.Now that would be the Breakfast of Champions of Butthole Surfers records from my stance.As a Matter of fact Hairway to Steven is just a plain mess.

Anonymous said...

brandonio, you are a moron. hairway is incredible. i cant believe you said that. hit yourself.

Mack Arillo said...

No shit -- I'm still lisening to this album. Still love it.

Anonymous said...

Hell I love this album and Independent Worm Saloon. John E. Smokes is one of my favorite songs by them and I've got the worn out vinyl to prove it. The Buttholes (continue to) rule, ok?

Anonymous said...

Hairway to Steven is the "Dark Side of the Moon" of the 80s... A must have for any collection! This album got me hooked on the Buttholes and I've been an addict for about 25 years now.

Unknown said...



Amazing blog..............!
For photo designing template & make your photo more attractive and good looking
http://elegantmemorials.com/funeral-programs