Thursday, February 28, 2008

Slash Strums Six String on Ace's Solo CD


Original Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley has set Pain in the Neck as the title of his new solo album, tentatively due in the spring.

"I was all ready and set up to track a record when I was offered the Kiss reunion," Frehley told The Akron Beacon Journal. "I got back with Kiss and that kind of derailed me from 1996 to 2001 and it took me a while to get my wits back.''

Frehley said he is still putting the finishing touches on Pain in the Neck, including some scheduled six-string contributions from Velvet Revolver/ex-Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash.

Though most of the tunes were written in the past several years, Frehley also looked to his own past for guidance.

"I've been listening to my first solo album with Kiss, because everybody says that's their favorite record. I was trying to figure out what made it so special, so I'm trying to incorporate a lot of what that record had for this new CD," he said.

"It has a lot of different aspects and shows different musical sides of me and it's something I'm trying to recapture. I don't know if I can do it but I'm gonna take a shot at it."

He added, "The record to me is secondary to the fact that I needed to come back and let everybody know I'm alive and well. Some of my old band mates kind of dragged my name through the mud a little, so I figured that it was time for me to re-emerge and let everybody know I'm not dead."

SOURCE: Ohio.com

No comments: