Tuesday, August 25, 2009

La Grange (Slash with ZZ Top and John Mayer)



From Slash's twitter: "I think this is the coolest show I've seen at The HOB so far, definitely the best vibe. That was a gas last night, Billy was phenominal & John Mayer is a pretty bad ass player as well."

From John Mayer's twitter:
"Sometimes I hear myself say something and I feel like a liar even though it's true. 'Last night I jammed with ZZ Top and Slash.' Finally met Slash. I had to keep reminding myself that I'm sort of cool too and that I shouldn't feel like a gnat. Worked half the time."

Here's "La Grange"



And here's some more music from the same night, this is the transition between "Waitin' on the Bus," and "Jesus Just Left Chicago."



This last video is of Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top jamming with Slash at his Vegas birthday bash on July 23 of this year.

4 comments:

Mack Arillo said...

What a cool fucking drum-kit!

Anonymous said...

Never quite understood the buzz about zz top. But maybe that's because i'm not a big fan of stupindgly long guitar solos. I'm a drum & bass & rythm guitar kind of gal! :)
ard

poker rakeback said...

I cant wait for Johns new album in November. I already love "Taking on Water" and "Half of My Heart" Im sure this will follow in line with his previous albums and stay in my cd player for months after the release.

Mack Arillo said...

I listened to Continuum continuously.