Thursday, May 14, 2009

Required Reading

Duff McKagan's blog over on the Seattle Weekly website is always entertaining. As I drank my morning coffee and read this week's missive from the "white seattle punk who became a world famous rockstar," I had a welcome smile on my face. Duff's words (not mine) after the jump.


"As I write this piece, I am sitting here at the airport waiting for another flight (I fly a LOT). I suppose a guilty pleasure of mine sits right there in Hudson Booksellers' magazine racks under "Entertainment."

At least every other week (if not oftener), either Brad and Jen are getting back together, Brad and Angelina are breaking up, Jen is adopting or pregnant, or Angelina is getting a new tattoo. Good stuff.

There has got to be an almost voyeuristic pleasure or thrill for the mainstream consumer to get these rags by the absolute truckloads. Hey, I am guilty myself of peeking once in a while at this stuff.

The "They Are Just Like Us" section in Star is fucking hilarious to me. Really? They go grocery shopping ... just like us? Change diapers? Pick their noses? I think it would be killer if they caught some celebrity masturbating. It would read "They rub one out ... just like us!" So endearing, really."

You can read Duff's full blog post here.

Duff McKagan's Loaded will be performing at Vintage Vinyl Records in Fords, NJ on Monday 5/18 at 5pm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New Rock Band II Rip.
High bit-rate.
Guitars turned way down.
You can hear the synthesizer, orchestra, piano, rhythm guitar and bass a whole lot BETTER.

Entire album excluding "Sorry" and "Shackler's Revenge."

Thanks to the original up-loader.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?itmx21vzdy3